Morning Breakout: Navigating Your Career Strategy
The WoPC conference provides 2, deep-dive breakout sessions - one in the morning, one in the afternoon. Each 90-minute breakout will offer the choice of 3 tracks. In each track, participants will hear from amazing speakers on 3 different topics and engage with the speakers in a facilitated Q&A panel discussion. Attendees customize their experience by selecting the tracks most relevant to their interests.
The morning breakout session is designed to inspire women at different stages of their careers. Whether you're just starting out, or looking to give back - these tracks will inspire you.
Navigating Your Career Strategy (Pick One Track)
Track 1: Be Bold
Taking the next step takes courage and strength. Sharpen the skills that will increase your comfort level and enliven your voice.
- Finding Your Voice When You Feel Invisible - Diana Fusco, Spectrum
- Leading in a Male Dominated Industry - Katherine Brandt, Thompson Hine
- Believing/Achieving - Kathleen Buse, Advancing Women in STEM
Track 2: Be Flexible
Your professional trajectory takes many twists and turns. Preparing for the terrain can be mastered through an intentional mapping system. Learn to be flexible and keep momentum.
- Building an Intentional Brand - Raquel Eatmon, WoPC
- Negotiation - Diana Bilimoria, Ph.D., CWRU
- Base Jump: Unstuck Thinking - Carrie Sechel, Author
Track 3: Be Generous
No one does it alone. Not any one of us. Engage in this track and increase your ability to make your organization and community better through your values and voice.
- Servant Leadership - Coming Soon...
- Carry as You Climb - Kathy Sterio-GE Lighting
- How to Be a Mentor/Sponsor/Advocate - Karen Harper, Building Engineering and Science Talent (BEST)